- This event has passed.
The Science & Health Benefits of Yoga
May 27, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm$30
A Kriya based Yoga & Meditation workshop designed to stimulate the body, mind, and spirit through a series of postures, breath and sound to take you toward a specific physical and mental outcome of a deeply relaxing and self-healing meditative space.
The session will stimulate the body’s energy systems to develop self awareness through understanding of :
- The science of postures (asanas) to realign the body’s angles and triangles.
- Pranayama and our connection with breath as life force through breathing techniques that stimulate blood cell production.
- How to retune the mind’s chatter through mantra.
- The practice of eye focus (drishti) to develop meditative concentration and focus.
- The fundamental use of body locks (bandhas) that stimulate the nervous system through subtle contractions in core areas of the body.
We will open the joints, alter the body’s chemicals and adjust the glandular system, while redirecting the mind toward a calm meditative space. This workshop will suit people of all ages and abilities.